2 Back Squat x 6 sets @80% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 1 minute 30 seconds *
30 Wallballs (20/14)
20 Deficit Push-Ups (4in/2in)
50ft Single Dumbbell Walking Lunge (50/35)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 11-13 minutes
* Time cap: 16 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate intensity. Athletes should find a pace that they can maintain across rounds and be considerate of how potential fatigue from wall balls will carry over to both the Push-Ups and Lunges.
* Again, use the clock to set the pace on rounds. Athletes need to average around 3:30-4:30 round times to be able to finish within the target time.
* Deficit Push Ups: Men will use a 45lb plate under each hand and both feet. Women will use a 25lb plate under each hand and both feet. Athlete’s chest will make contact with the floor before pressing up.
* Single Dumbbell Walking Lunge: Athletes will lunge with one dumbbell. There is no grip standard so athletes can hold the dumbbell in any fashion as long as it is shoulder height or above and one hand is always in contact with the dumbbell at all times.
*Stiff Hips Are Complicating Your Spinal Mechanics*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Hip Halo Warmup
6 min AMRAP
5 Wall Balls (focus on breathing/arm cycling)
5 Slow and Controlled Push-Ups
5 Stepback Lunges (each side)
3 World’s Greatest Stretch (each side)
**2. Strength Prep**
– After Warm-Up, give athletes a few mins to work up to 80%. Ensure athletes focus on a deep stomach breath, stay tall with the chest, and drive through the floor.
**3. Workout Prep**
5 Wall Balls (workout weight)
3 Deficit Push-Ups
10m Dumbbell Lunge Walk
* Limited Equipment Option
50 Air Squats
100ft Walking Lunge