– MAX OUT DAY!
* Rest a little longer than normal between sets when you reach heavier weights *
**How to approach the lifts**
– Max out day! Go by feel and make smooth, calculated jumps in weight early on. Slow down the pace and weights jumps when you reach around 80-85%.
– Try and reach a Max in 6-8 working sets (not including light warm up sets).
7 min AMRAP
10/8 Calorie Bike *or* 14/12 Calorie Row
10 Burpee Box Jump-Overs (24/20)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target number of Rounds: 4 rounds +
* Minimum number of Rounds before scaling: 3
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate-high intensity across workout. Pacing on movements should be similar across rounds and be maintained from the beginning round to the athlete’s final round.
Run: 200 meters
*Sneaky Ways To A Better Overhead*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Crossover Symmetry Warmup or Banded 7’s
7 min amrap
30 sec easy bike
3 World’s Greatest Stretch (each side)
5 Down Dog/Seal Pose Transitions
3 Box Step-ups (each side)
5 Back Squats (empty bar – begin to build for strength)
**2. Strength Prep**
10:00 – 12:00
After Warm Up, athletes should aim to start around 60%. Remember, for 1RM, encourage athletes to go by feel and make smart/calculated jumps. If it doesn’t feel good or look good, don’t have them add weight. The goal should be to find a 1RM in 5-8 working sets.
**3. Workout Prep**
10 Sec. Assault Bike (Workout Pace)
2 Burpee Box Jump Overs
* Hop right back on the bike and get it moving *
* Limited Equipment Option
7 min AMRAP