2 Deadlifts x 6 sets @85% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 1 minute 30 seconds *
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight that feels, and looks good for all 6 sets.
* Make sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 90 seconds.
250 Double Unders
50 Double Dumbbell Thrusters 35s/20s (Rx+ 50s/35s)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 10-12 minutes
* Time cap: 15 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate/moderate high intensity. Athletes only have two movements but should strategize work/rest to avoid burning out/failure. Sets should be quick and fast with intentional rest throughout the workout (especially in double unders).
* Double Unders: Athletes have 250 double unders to complete before moving to dumbbells.
* Double Dumbbell Thrusters: Athletes will use two dumbbells for this movement and should use a weight that will allow them to perform 8-12 reps at a time.
*How’s Your Breath Volume Between Reps?*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Hip Halo Warmup
7 min AMRAP
20-sec single unders
5 Deadbugs (each side)
5 Single DB Front Squat (Lightweight – each side)
5 Single DB Shoulder to overhead (lightweight – each side
**2. Strength Prep**
– Give athletes 5 minutes to build up to 85% of their max. Have athletes practice good bar path while driving their feet through the floor with a tight core and active lats –
**3. Workout Prep**
15 Double Unders
5 Dumbbell Thrusters
*First set light, Second set with workout weight*