3 Bench Press x 6 sets @80% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 90 seconds*
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* Have athletes partner up to have a spotter during all lifts.
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight hat feels, and looks good for all 6 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 90 seconds.
50 Thrusters (45/35)
25 Thrusters (95/65)
25 Chest to Bar
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 12-14 minutes
* Time cap: 16 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate pacing throughout this workout. Reps are halved on the movements after the second rowing portion, but weight and skill go up. Athletes should keep a similar pacing in both the doubled and the halved reps to avoid burn out.
Barbell is Out Lets Mobilize the Arm
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
10 Banded Pull Aparts
5 Bench Press (Empty bar-Build across rounds but stay light)
10 Goblet Squats (light)
**2. Strength Prep**
– After Warm-Up give athletes a few mins to work up to 80% (should only need 2-3 sets) –
**3. Workout Prep**
15 sec. Row (workout Pace)
5 Thrusters (empty bar)
2 Pull-Ups + 2 Chest to Bar
– rest 30 seconds –