2 Bench Press x 6 sets @85% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 1 minute 30 seconds *
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* Have athletes partner up to have a spotter during all lifts.
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight that feels, and looks good for all 6 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 90 seconds.
Clean and Jerks (135/95)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 9-11 minutes
* Time cap: 15 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus for workout is moderate intensity. Athletes should be working at a steady pace across all movements throughout the workout.
* The gymnastics movements will fly by, grind through the barbell!
* Clean and Jerks: Athletes should select a weight that will allow them to complete 5-8 reps touch and go when fresh but are welcome to use smaller sets or even fast singles during the workout.
*Weight should not be a limiting factor for this movement and should be around 45-50% of athletes 1rm.
*Bar Path Problems? Check Your Foot Pressure (Part 2 of 4)*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
10 min AMRAP
1 min row (easy pace)
5 scap pullups
10 Alternating V-Ups
2 Muscle Clean + Shoulder Press (Empty Bar)
2 Hang Power Clean + Push Press
2 Clean and Jerks
**2. Strength Prep**
– Give athletes 5 minutes to build up to 85% of their max. Have athletes practice good bar path while keeping hips and core tight –
**3. Workout Prep**
2 Clean and Jerks (build in weight)