3 Back Squats x 6 sets @80% of 1RM
*Complete a set every 90 seconds*
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight hat feels, and looks good for all 6 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 90 seconds.
Amrap 3:00 (5 sets)
3 Deadlifts (275/185)
9 Box Jumps (24/20)
– Rest 1:00 –
# TARGET SCORE
* Target number of Reps is 72+
* Minimum number Reps before scaling: 54
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus for workout is moderate/high intensity. Athletes will be performing this workout as an AMRAP for 3:00 minutes followed by a 1:00 rest. Reset at the end of each 3:00 min AMRAP, meaning start at deadlifts at the beginning of each round.
* This one is tricky, athletes need to find that push pace that’s repeatable across all sets. Definitely not a max effort but definitely move with a purpose and try and hold onto opening score or get better. Goal should be to keep sub 60 second rounds.
* Deadlifts: Athletes should be using a moderately challenging weight (around 70%). Athletes should be able to do 3 reps touch and go for a challenging set but can also approach these reps in fast singles.
*Addressing Rotator Cuff Stiffness*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Hip Halo Warmup
7 min AMRAP
20 Single Unders/jumping jacks/plate hops/line hops
3 Slow and Controlled Back Squats (empty bar – build across but stay light)
10 Floor Plate Press (5 slow / 5 fast)
3 Box Step-ups (each side)
**2. Strength Prep**
– After Warm-Up give athletes a few mins to work up to 80% (should only need 2-3 sets) –
**3. Workout Prep**
2 Deadlifts (build in weight)
3 Push Ups
4 Box Jumps (Step Down)