3 Shoulder Press x 3 sets @85% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 2 minutes 30 seconds *
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight hat feels, and looks good for all 3 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 2:30.
* Remember, No legs or hips!
30/24 Cal. Row*or* 21/17 Calorie Bike
30 Power Snatches (155/105)
30/24 Cal. Row *or* 21/17 Calorie Bike
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 10-12 minutes
* Time cap: 15 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate across the entire workout. Athletes should find a pace that they can maintain throughout this workout and only push this pace when reaching the final row.
* This workout is all about the Power Snatch, the row is there just to annoy you and get the heart rate primed.
* Power Snatch: Weight selected should be around 65% of the athlete’s 1 rm snatch. Fast singles across reps will serve athletes well in staying consistent with their timing.
1-minute Handstand Hold (wall)
:45-second Handstand Hold (wall/ feet on Box)
:30-second Handstand Hold (feet on Box/Knees on Box)
* Use Dumbbells or Barbell overhead hold as a substitute for athletes who struggle with stability.
*Skills and Drills Handstand Hold*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Crossover Symmetry Warm-up or Banded 7’s
5 min AMRAP
5 Muscle Snatch (empty bar)
5 Snatch Push Press
5 Power Snatch
**2. Strength Prep**
– Give athletes 5 minutes to build up to 80% of their max. Have athletes practice good bar path while keeping hips and core tight –
**3. Workout Prep**
8/6 Calorie Row (workout pace)
3 Power Snatch ( add weight each set)