6 Bench Press x 4 sets @80% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 2 minutes *
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* Have athletes partner up to have a spotter during all lifts.
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight that feels, and looks good for all 4 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 2 minutes.
* Extend rest if needed.
Teams of 2
6 Burpees to a 6-inch target
4 Power Cleans (185/125)
4 Strict Pull-Ups (Rx+ 1 Rope Climb)
* You Go, I go *
# TARGET SCORE
* Target Rounds: 7-9 rounds (each)
* Minimum number of rounds before scaling: 5 rounds (each)
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus for workout is high intensity. Athletes will work with a partner in a 1:1 work to rest fashion. Athletes should focus on moving fast while being aware on recovering their breathing during rest periods in preparation for the next round.
* Make sure athletes partner up with similar abilities.
*Athletes need to be aggressive with this! We don’t want to see much resting between movements or reps. Goal times per round should be sub 75 seconds.
** Power Clean: Athletes should use a weight that will allow them to move through these reps quickly (70%).
*Double Your Recovery*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Crossover Symmetry or Banded 7’s
6 min AMRAP
3 Muscle Cleans
1 pull rope climb or 5 Ring Rows
**2. Strength Prep**
– After Warm-Up give athletes a few mins to work up to 80% (should only need 2-3 sets) – Make sure shoulders stay glued to the bench.
**3. Workout Prep**
2 set (each)
2 Burpees to Target
1 Power Cleans (Add weight each set)
1 Rope Climb (Half way)