6 Deadlifts x 4 sets @80% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 2 minutes *
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight that feels, and looks good for all 4 sets.
* Make sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 2 minutes.
* Extend rest if needed
Scaled Wall Walks (Rx+ Wall Walks)
Thrusters 95/65 (Rx+ 135/95)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 7-9 minutes
* Time cap: 12 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate intensity across workout. Athletes should find a steady pace across all movements and maintain throughout. The key for athletes will be to adjust pace down to avoid shoulder failure. Wall Walks add up quick so remind athletes not to rush through and always meet the standard.
* Day 3 of games workouts. This is a fun but, challenging workout that brings back memories of the CrossFit Open.
* Wall Walks: Athletes reps will count when their chest makes contact with the top wall and walking down to plank before dropping.
*Returning to Training? Take it From the Ground*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Hip Halo Warmup
6 min AMRAP
5 Deadlifts (Empty Bar)
5 Front Squats
5 Push Press
15 Plate Hops
5 Box Step Ups (each side)
**2. Strength Prep**
– After Warm-Up give athletes a few mins to work up to 80% (should only need 2-3 sets) – Make sure athletes focus on active lats and driving through the floor.
**3. Workout Prep**
2 Wall Walks
2 Thrusters (light/moderate)
1 Wall Walk
1 Thruster (Workout weight)