3 Shoulder Press x 6 sets @80% of 1RM
*Complete a set every 90 seconds *
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight hat feels, and looks good for all 6 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 90 seconds.
** Remember, No legs or hips!**
24/18 Calorie Bike or 35/25 Calorie Row
8 Single Arm DB Push Press 35/20 (Rx+ 50/35) – right)
8 Single Arm DB Push Press 35/20 (Rx+ 50/35) – left)
8 Burpee Pull-Ups (Rx+ 6 Bar Muscle Ups)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 10-12 minutes
* Time cap: 15 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate pacing with consideration to higher level gymnastics that finish out each round. Athletes should find a pace that is maintainable across rounds and not go so hard that it takes away from their ability to perform muscle-ups consistently.
* One of those workouts where we want to breathe and stay calm.
** Assault Bike: Athletes should stay around a 70% effort on each bike and even choose to treat it as a recovery portion during the first half of the 24/18 rep requirement.
*Nothing Productive Is Happening In The Last 10 Minutes of Your Day*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Crossover Symmetry or Banded 7’s
7 min AMRAP
30-sec assault bike (easy pace)
5 Single Arm DB Strict Press (each side)
3-inch worms + extra pushup
5 Kipping Pull-ups
**2. Strength Prep**
– Give athletes 5 minutes to build up to 80% of their max. Have athletes practice good bar path while keeping hips and core tight –
**3. Workout Prep**
20 Sec. Assault Bike (workout pace)
5 Single Arm DB Push Press (Left and Right) at workout weight
2 Burpee Pull-Ups (or) 1 Bar Muscle Up