3 Bench Press x 3 sets @85% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 2 minutes 30 seconds *
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* Have athletes partner up to have a spotter during all lifts.
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight that feels, and looks good for all 3 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 2:30.
Toes to bar
Power Cleans (135/95)
DB Shoulder to Overhead 50s/35s (Rx+ Handstand Push-ups)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 10-12 minutes
* Time cap: 16 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate intensity across workout. Ascending rep scheme means athletes should be conservative in how they approach earlier rounds so they have enough in the tank to still complete the bigger sets in manageable, efficient amounts.
* Power Cleans: Weight selected for this movement should be around 50% of athlete’s 1rm
*How Do You Know It Is a Weakness Problem*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Crossover Symmetry Warmup or Banded 7’s
7 min AMRAP
5 Knees to elbows
5 Tempo Bench Press (empty bar- Build across sets)
5 Deadbugs (each side)
**2. Strength Prep**
– Give athletes 5 minutes to build up to 85% of their max. Make sure to have a spotter nearby when the weight gets heavier. Remember shoulder blades glued to the bench and stay tight.
**3. Workout Prep**
4 Toes to Bar
3 Power Cleans (add weight second round)
2 Handstand Push-Ups // DB Shoulder Presses