4 Deadlifts x 5 sets @80% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 1 minute 45 seconds *
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight that feels, and looks good for all 5 sets.
* Make sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 90 seconds.
21 Toes to Bar
15/12 Calorie Bike or 21/15 Calorie Row
9 Clean and Jerks (135/95)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 8-10 minutes
* Time cap: 14 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus for workout is moderate intensity. From the beginning, athletes should be strategic in how they approach toes to bar and the bike to avoid burnout when coming to the barbell.
* It’s only 3 rounds so make sure athletes don’t hold back going into the last Bike and Clean and Jerk.
* Clean and Jerks: Weight on barbell should be around 50-60% of athlete’s 1rm.
*Let’s Talk Foot Pressure (Part 1 of 4)*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Hip Halo Warmup
7 min AMRAP
30-sec assault bike (easy pace)
5 Knees to elbows
5 alt v-ups (each side)
5 Cleans and Jerks (empty bar)
**2. Strength Prep**
– Give athletes 5 minutes to build up to 80% of their max. Have athletes practice good bar path while driving their feet through the floor with a tight core and active lats –
**3. Workout Prep**
3 toes to Bar
10 Sec. Assault Bike (workout pace)
2 Clean and Jerks (Build in weight)