4 Shoulder Press x 5 sets @80% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 1 minute 45 seconds *
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight hat feels, and looks good for all 5 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 90 seconds.
* Remember, No legs or hips!
12:00 min AMRAP
10 Ring Rows
10 Abmat Sit-ups
10 Air squats
# TARGET SCORE
* Target number of Rounds: 8+
* Minimum number of Rounds before scaling: 6
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus for this workout is constant pacing across rounds. Athletes should be mentally prepared to “move” for 12 mins with minimal rest time due to small rep ranges for each round.
* Sometimes the simplest workouts are the deadliest. Don’t underestimate the power of bodyweight movements.
*Advocating For Your Odds and Ends: Do You Pay Attention to Your Hands?*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Crossover Symmetry or Banded 7’s
5 min AMRAP
5 dynamic squat stretch
10 Bent-over plate rows
10 Floor Plate Press (5 slow/5 fast)
5 down-dog/seal pose transitions
**2. Strength Prep**
– Give athletes 5 minutes to build up to 80% of their max. Have athletes practice good bar path while keeping hips and core tight –
**3. Workout Prep**
5 Ring Rows
(Make sure athletes set up equipment close to everything)