4 Bench Press x 5 sets @80% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 1 minute 45 seconds *
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
* Have athletes partner up to have a spotter during all lifts.
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight hat feels, and looks good for all 5 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 90 seconds.
Teams of 2
3 Rounds (each)
50 Wallballs (20/14)
* Partner one wall balls while partner 2 is running, switch when both partners have completed their station. Rotate through until both partners have completed 3 rounds each *
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 11-13 minutes
* Time cap: 16 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate intensity. Athletes will be working through each round on opposite movements of their partner. How fast they complete their station will determine how much rest they can get until their partner finishes. Encourage athletes to partner up with similar strengths and weaknesses to allow for steady work flow.
* Reminder: athletes can not start on the next station until their partner finishes.
*The Pistol Archetype*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
200 Meter Run
10 Empty Barbell Bench Press
10 Empty Barbell Bent over rows
10 Wall Ball Front Squats
20 Plate Hops
**2. Strength Prep**
– After Warm-Up give athletes a few mins to work up to 80% (should only need 2-3 sets) –
**3. Workout Prep**
10 Air Squats
5 Wall Balls (focus on cycling the arms)
– rest 30 seconds between sets –