Bench Press 6×2 + Strict Pull-Ups
2 Bench Press x 6 sets @75% of 1RM
Immediately into 3-5 Strict Pull-Ups
* Complete a set every 90 seconds*
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record heaviest set as your score for load
* Have athletes partner up to have a spotter during all lifts.
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight hat feels, and looks good for all 6 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 90 seconds.
30 Air Squats
Max Calorie Assault Bike
– Rest 2:00 between sets –
# TARGET SCORE
* Target number of Calories each set: 20/15
* Minimum number of Calories before scaling: 15/12
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate to moderate high. Athletes will have 5-2:00 min sets with a 2:00 rest between sets. Each round is scored by the number of calories accumulated on the bike. The goal is to find consistent pacing on squats and the bike to have repeatable scores across the round while pushing the pace if possible.
* Like the Push-Up/Row workout a few weeks ago this workout is all about pushing the bike. Athletes will need your help to stay motivated so keep the vibe up in the gym and get them moving to stay consistent with their score.
#Medial Chain Forgotten Leg Structure#
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Hip Halo Warmup
5 min AMRAP
1 min assault bike
5 World’s Greatest Stretch (each side)
**2. Workout Prep**
10 Air Squats (fast)
20 Second Bike (at workout pace)
**3. Strength Prep**
– Body will be warm after the workout. While explaining the strength, have athletes start getting the bars and progress through the warm-up while adding weight to each set:
5 Push-Ups (Slow negative)
10 Ring Rows
2 Bench Press (build-up to 75% in 3-4 working sets)