Shoulder Press 6×2
2 Shoulder Press x 6 sets @75% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 90 seconds*
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record heaviest set as your score for load
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight hat feels, and looks good for all 6 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 90 seconds.
** Remember, No legs or hips!**
35 Double Unders
8 Dumbbell Push Press 35s/20s (Rx+ Handstand Push-Ups)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 7-9 Minutes
* Time cap: 12 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus for workout is high intensity. Athletes should be prepared to push the pace on each round with the mind set of keeping round under 60 seconds with fast transitions.
* We offered 2 options (DB Push Press and Handstand Push-Ups). Athletes should choose one that will allow them to keep the stimulus and stay close to unbroken for majority of the workout.
*PSA Work Upstream and Downstream*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
8 min AMRAP
1 min easy Machine
5 Elbow to floor stretch (each side)
10 Single Arm Dumbbell Push Press (each)
20 Single unders
**2. Workout Prep**
10 Double Unders
3 Handstand Push-Ups (Strict or Kipping)
**3. Strength Prep**
– Body will be warm after the workout. While explaining the strength, have athletes start getting the bars and progress through the warm-up while adding weight to each set:
Press will be hot! Athletes will probably complain, but that’s ok. This is a prep week, so weight isn’t at our target percentage yet.
2 Shoulder Press (build-up to 75% in 3-4 working sets)