Teams of 2 (1:1)
Max Effort: Assault Bike for Calories
*Partners will accumulate as many calories on the Assault Bike as possible
*Have athletes partner up and go 1:1 (one working while the other rest).
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate-high intensity with awareness of pacing for repeatable efforts. Partners will have equal efforts on Assault Bike. It is important to note that athletes should keep effort at something that will result in a repeatable effort across all rounds, in turn, resulting in similar scores across rounds. Athletes should not go maximum effort in the first round and burn out on the following rounds.
* Practice the Kip, warm up the pull, Work up to box jump height
5-8 Kipping Chest to Bar (no butterfly)
3 High Box Jumps
– Rest as needed between sets/Try and hit the box jumps right after pull-ups –
Advanced – 5-8 Kipping Chest to Bar + 3 Box Jumps (36in/30in)
Intermediate – 3-5 Kipping Chest to Bar or 5-8 Kipping Pull-Ups + 3 Box Jumps (30in/24in)
Novice: 5-8 Kipping Swings + Kick + 3 Box Jumps (24in/20in)
Beginner: 5-8 Kip swings + 3 Box Jumps (Low)
* What we want to accomplish with this Skill session is proper set up and learning the chain of command from the kip into the pull. Athletes of all different skill levels can perform and make sure that the reps are smooth (not rushed) with a good strong kip and aggressive Kick/Punch.
* Box Jump: Height should be challenging and athletes can go higher if comfortable. We want athletes to work on explosiveness and landing in good, solid base with little impact (Quiet like a Church Mouse).
* For athletes that may have the kip down but lack the strength in the pull have them practice the kipping knee raise + Kick into some Jumping Pull ups from a box
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Crossover Symmetry Warmup or Banded 7’s + Hip Halo Warmup (between sets)
25 secs Jump Rope
5 sec. Transition
25 secs Up Downs
**2. Workout Prep**
2 sets (practice transition on and off the bike)
15 Sec. Assault or Row (at workout pace)
– rest 30 secs –