20 KBS (53/35) (Rx Russian / Rx+ American)
20 Box Jump Overs (24/20)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 14-16 minutes
* Time cap: 20 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is steady moderate effort on the KBS/Box Jump Overs while keeping consistent pacing on the push ups to keep shoulders from blowing up.
* The clock is always a great pace keeper so remind athletes that they need to average under 4 minutes a round to finish in the Time Cap.
* Practice the Kip, warm up the pull, Work up to box jump height
5-8 Kipping Chest to Bar (no butterfly)
3 High Box Jumps
– Rest as needed between sets/Try and hit the box jumps right after pull-ups –
Advanced – 5-8 Kipping Chest to Bar + 3 Box Jumps (36in/30in)
Intermediate – 3-5 Kipping Chest to Bar or 5-8 Kipping Pull-Ups + 3 Box Jumps (30in/24in)
Novice: 5-8 Kipping Swings + Kick + 3 Box Jumps (24in/20in)
Beginner: 5-8 Kip swings + 3 Box Jumps (Low)
* What we want to accomplish with this Skill session is proper set up and learning the chain of command from the kip into the pull. Athletes of all different skill levels can perform and make sure that the reps are smooth (not rushed) with a good strong kip and aggressive Kick/Punch.
* Box Jump: Height should be challenging and athletes can go higher if comfortable. We want athletes to work on explosiveness and landing in good, solid base with little impact (Quiet like a Church Mouse).
* For athletes that may have the kip down but lack the strength in the pull have them practice the kipping knee raise + Kick into some Jumping Pull ups from a box
*Skills and Drills Kipping C2B*
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
– into –
Teams of 2 (3 sets each)
You Go, I Go!
10 Plate Hops
50m Shuttle Run (25m Down/25m Back)
– into –
3 KB Deadlifts (light)
3 KBS (light)
5 Low Box Jumps
**2. Workout Prep**
4 Push Ups
5 Box Jump Overs