Clean and Jerk (155/105)
Burpee Box Jump Over (24/20)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 11-13 minutes
* Time cap: 15 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus is moderate pacing. Athletes should move consistently throughout the increasing reps, and if they feel like it’s possible, begin to push the pace as reps begin to decrease.
* “Stay calm and just keep moving” is the theme for this workout. Athletes need to start off steady and see if they can flip the switch on the downhill side of the workout.
* Clean and Jerk:
*Athletes should choose a weight that will allow them to perform 3-5 touch and go when fresh.
*Weight should be around 55-60% of athletes 1rm clean and jerk.
2 Deadlifts x 6 sets @75% of 1RM
* Complete a set every 90 seconds*
**How to approach the lifts**
* Record heaviest set as your score for load
* If athletes don’t have a Max then have them use a comfortable weight hat feels, and looks good for all 6 sets.
* Make Sure athletes are ready to go 5-10 seconds before the start of the next 90 seconds.
Upgrade Your Ground Game
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
Crossover Symmetry or Banded 7’s
6 min AMRAP
3 box step up (each side)
5 Clean and Jerks (empty bar – build across, stay light)
**2. Workout Prep**
2 Clean and Jerks (work up in weight)
2 Burpee Box Jump Overs (practice transition)
**3. Strength Prep**
– Body will be warm after the workout. While explaining the strength, have athletes start getting the bars and progress through the warm-up while adding weight to each set:
Pull should be good and warm from the clean and jerks, so have athletes practice set up and begin working up in weight.
2 Deadlifts (build-up to 75% in 3-4 working sets)