4 rounds for time
20/16 Calorie Assault Bike *or* 30/22 Calorie Row
15 Toes To Bar
10 Dumbbell Thrusters 35s/20s (Rx+ 50s/35s)
40’ Front Rack Walking Lunge 35s/20s (Rx+ 50s/35s)
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time: 14-16 minutes
* Time cap: 18 minutes
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Workout today is version of event 5 from Mid Atlantic Semis. Stimulus for athletes should be steady pacing through with moderate intensity. Definitely not a workout to come out aggressive but more conservative in the first round to see what the body can handle.
* Athletes who’s hands maybe a little tender from the previous couple of days of bar work may want to sub the Toes to Bar for Sit Ups/V-Ups or GHD’s
Push Jerk: 1×1
– Build to a heavy single for the day in 10 minutes
* rest 60 seconds between sets *
**How to approach the lifts**
– Work up to a heavy single. Go off of feel! If your body is tired, stay at lower percentages. If you feel ok, go up each set.
– Try and reach a heavy single in 6-8 working sets (not including light warm up sets).
– Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
1 min quad smash (each side)
1 min calf smash (each side)
1 min banded overhead shoulder distraction (each side)
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
1:00 Assault Bike
5 Hanging Knee Raises
5 Dynamic Squat Stretches + Inch Worm
– into –
3:00 Warm-Up on Thruster
Start light (bar) and progress up a little bit while going into the workout prep.
**2. Workout Prep**
20sec. Assault Bike
2 Hanging Knee Raises + 2 Toes to Bar
2 Dumbbell Thrusters (practice the squat clean)
4 Front Lack Walking Lunge Steps (2 each leg)
**3. Strength Prep**
– Body will be warm after the workout. While explaining the strength have athletes start getting the bars ready and progress through the warm-up while adding weight to each set:
– The thruster already has primed the press so drop weight slightly and have the athletes get comfortable with a few sets of dropping underneath the bar and clean up the footwork.
– into –
Build up to opening Push Jerk weight