Every 2:00 (8 sets)
12/10 Calorie Row *or* Bike
# TARGET SCORE
* Target time each set: 75-90 seconds
* Time cap each set: 1:45
# STIMULUS and GOALS
* Stimulus today is high intensity. Athletes will be working hard on the rower and burpees but must find a balance between intensity and recovery so that their results are repeatable across rounds.
* Goal is consistent or slightly faster round times as the sets go on.
Pause Clean (pause in receive for 3 seconds) + Clean + Pause Jerk (pause in receive for three seconds)
(1+1+1) x 3 sets @ 70-75% 1RM Clean and Jerk
*Rest 60-90 seconds between sets.
**How to approach the lifts**
* Perform a clean and pause for 3 seconds in the squat, then reset the bar and do a clean, and then finally, do a jerk and pause in the split for 3 seconds.
* If athletes struggle with the Split Jerk have them stay light or perform Push Jerk.
* Record set as 1 of your scores for load
* Go by feel after the previous lifting
Clean and Jerk:
3×1 @ 85-95% 1 RM Clean and Jerk.
*Rest 60-90 seconds between sets*
1 min pigeon pose (each side)
1 min seated QL stretch (each side)
1 min foot smash lacrosse ball (each side)
# Make Your Low Back Feel Better#
**1. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate**
8 min AMRAP
1 round of rowling (Max 5 burpee penalty)
3 x (1+1+1) – Power Clean +Jerk Dip + Jerk
4 Down dog/seal pose transitions
**2. Workout Prep**
At workout pace (have athletes practice getting on and off the rower)
10 sec. Row
– rest 30 seconds between sets –
**3. Strength Prep**
– Body will be warm after the workout. While explaining the strength have athletes start getting the bars and progress through the warm-up while adding weight to each set:
– Back to the warm-up, Athletes should be familiar with it since they just completed it in the warm-up.
3 x (1+1+1) – Power Clean +Jerk Dip + Jerk (Start light and add weight)
– into the complex –