“Not A Smooth Operator”
30 Overhead Squats 75/45 (Rx+ 95/65)
25 Toes to Bar
20 Front Rack Reverse Lunges 75/45 (Rx+ 95/65)
* 20:00 of work
* We will aim to be somewhere between 8:00-9:00 rounds.
* The challenge will be to complete 2 full rounds, then collect as many reps as you can until the 20:00 cap.
* Scoring will be the number of rounds and repetitions completed in 20:00. The run will count as 1 rep.
### OVERHEAD SQUAT
* Typically a lighter load, but for 30 repetitions a round, it will feel a lot heavier.
* Direct athletes to pick a load that can be broken in 2-3 sets max. If we allow them to break into 4 sets, it’s likely too heavy for the volume today.
* The question we can ask our athlete is “how many repetitions can we complete in under :90?” We recommend that be the number to do for today. Perhaps be less concerned about how many sets, as some may choose to do very small sets, but manage to complete all 25 reps under :90.
### 800M RUN
* We can shoot for 4:00 or under, but as today is an AMRAP, if your athletes are closer to the 4:30 mark, perhaps let them grind it out. This may require decreasing repetitions in other movements to keep the rounds moving.