### THE MAIN EVENT (Part 1) – BACK SQUAT
* The goal is to start the first set at a respectable load that is intimidating, but athletes will not fail (think ~80% of a 1RM) or a load that feels kind of heavy for 6 reps, today
* We will increase loads across all sets and try to either achieve a personal best 2 rep max (RM), get close to our previous 2RM, or perhaps establish a 2RM for the first time.
* For newer athletes still learning the mechanics, we can increase the rep scheme to 6’s across and keep the load light – think of it as a learning environment.
* Failed sets count as a set. Have athletes mark down the reps that were completed and move onto the next set.
* For today, instruct your athletes to make a lift every 3:00.
* Athletes will score Part 1. by logging the loads lifted for all 7 sets.
**Please remember, the most important part of this workout is the Back Squat. Please do not feel that you have rush to meet the timestamps in this lesson plan so you can squeeze in Part 2. It is just there if time allows.
1 Round For Time:
50 Air Squats
40 AbMat Sit-ups
* It’s a quicky! Have fun with it.
* Cap at 7:00
## STRETCH (5:00)
* :30 Up-Dog [Video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSgWJvZ6UaE)
* :30 Couch Stretch (each side) [Video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv-w40pllco)
* 1:00 Pigeon Stretch (each side) [Video](http://youtu.be/n5M-JlU210I)
* 1:00 Straddle Stretch [Video](http://youtu.be/HZRZ18fDleg)
## HOME GYM
3 Rounds For Time: